Stay Calm... Get Your Bounce On!
True words folks. Bouncing is one of the best ways to create those magical endorphins that make every stitch of possible daily stress vanish from your mind, and actually make you feel joyful while working out. Crazy thought right?
I didn’t have a trampoline growing up here in YK, but I had FRIENDS with trampolines! My elementary school also had a huge trampoline that would be assembled once a year for our gym class. The trampoline station always had the biggest line-up…the rope climb, not so big! Finally it’s your turn on the trampoline – you climb up to get your bounce on and the gym teacher sets the stop watch for 2 minutes. Two minutes was never enough, especially waiting forever for your turn! Bounce forward many years…I’m bouncing again and sharing the benefits of bounce in a group fitness class – we get to bounce forever, 45 minutes actually… and with great tunes! Beside the fact that bouncing is just pure fun which releases those magical endorphins (our feel good hormones) there is a huge list of health benefits. So many that I’m going to narrow it down to my top five.
5 Reasons to get your BOUNCE on
1. Stimulates the Lymphatic System – increases the amount of waste and toxins your body can flush out which means greater ability for your immune system to fight and prevent illness and disease.
2. Circulates more oxygen to your tissues and cells – more oxygen means more life and health to your body and less disease. (again hitting on the ‘less disease’ word)
3. Low-impact cardio – bounce to lose weight and increase muscle tone, also has a stronger effect than running or jogging. 20 minutes of Bouncing is equivalent to 60 minutes of jogging. Many cardio exercises such as running/jogging cause stress on your feet, ankles, knees, hips and back. Bouncing actually decreases this stress and provides a more thorough cardio work-out.
4. Helps to reduce cellulite – bouncing is like pumping your body. This action helps stimulate the thyroid gland to start cleaning itself and the entire lymphatic system of stored fat. Trampoline exercise is the most proven way of eliminating cellulite.
5. Bouncing improves posture, balance and coordination – by stimulating your ocular nerves and inner ear canal, bouncing improves balance, coordination and posture. Regular bouncing conditions the body to react quickly, which is a valuable skill.
This was just a few highlights…there are many more health benefits to a trampoline workout.
The best part is feeling like a kid again. That weightlessness for a second and the landing that is far less stressful on your joints.
Come discover your own bouncing experience. Bouncing is for everyone and all abilities.
I look forward to bouncing with you!
Diana Curtis, Fitness Instructor